Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Remembering July 3, 2009





With all of the excitement in the ArchuFanbase today, thinking about possible snippets of songs from BEGIN. and David's upcoming participation in the Devotional Music program for his mission in Chile, I almost forgot that today is the anniversay of my family attending the David /Demi tour stop in Houston on July 3, 2009. This was epic because this was the only time my husband and son have attended a David concert with my daughter, Amanda, and I.  I wish it had been a full David headline show, but that hasn't happened much here in Texas so we have to take what we can get.

copyright Margy Moore



The thing that made this show extra special for me besides my family being there, was that this is the show where my husband took an awesome photo of David that was used in Chords of Strength.  Scott is a live music photographer here in Austin, but didn't get credentials to shoot the show in Houston. He just borrowed my non-professional camera and grabbed a few shots for me from up in the arena. Several came out great.

copyright Limelight Imaging/ Scott Moore


copyright LimelightImaging/ Scott Moore


copyright LimelightImaging/ Scott Moore


For some resason, I have never written about our concert experience that day on this blog. I don't know why. It was wonderful. Short, but wonderful. We turned the trip to Houston into a family vacation and also visited Galveston Island while we were in the area. Although we did not have an opportunity to attend the show, David Cook was performing at the Moody Gardens (Galveston) on July 4 while we were there.  The funniest thing happened. As we leaving the beach, one of those ad-planes flew over advertising the show that night, but they had David Cook's name misspelled. It read: Tonight at Moody Gardens - DAVID COOOK!!! I so wish we had a camera handy for that.




copyright Margy Moore


copyright Margy Moore


No comments: